St. Joseph’s Middle School is organised so children and staff are happy, confident and at ease. We believe a healthy balance between rewards and deterrents exists.
• To value and appreciate one another irrespective of age, creed or race, and to acknowledge that everyone has a part to play within our school community.
• To develop self-discipline, the ability to learn independently and to work co-operatively.
• To listen with respect to one another and be conscious to never damage another’s self esteem.
• To foster a caring attitude for the school environment, including the building, inside and outside area, equipment and personal effects.
• That all those who work in or visit our school will exhibit behaviour in keeping with these aims and our ethos.
• Telling the truth
• Keeping promises
• Respecting the rights and property of others
• Acting considerately towards others
• Helping those less fortunate and weaker than ourselves
• Taking personal responsibility for one’s actions
School Values Reject
Bullying • Cruelty • Cheating
Irresponsibility • Deceit • Dishonesty
Inset days confirmed as per school calendar
Queen's Baton visits school
The Queen's Baton "visited" school accompanied by a delegation of the Commonwealth Games Association and several athletes. Pupils were given a presentation by a local athlete and had a chance to interact with the Queen's Baton